Wednesday, June 15, 2005

My Jersey is HERE!

Ok, this is kind of out of the blue, because I haven't really mentioned it here before, but I am the coach of a softball team at my place of employment. There are a total of four teams which will meet in an epic showdown on June 25th, for an inter-company tournament to end all tournaments. There was a nifty draft, where the coaches got to choose their weapons for the field. After rosters were filled, the smack talking commenced around the office and practices were scheduled. I managed to draft the CEO of our company, which so far has been a smart choice. He knows my name now, and thinks I am quite a character, although he hasn't yet made it to a practice. It remains to be seen whether my plan turns into what my co-workers call a CLM (career limiting move). Our last practice is a scrimmage against one of the other teams, this Saturday in Seattle. Hopefully the CEO's schedule will open up enough to come. Our team is The Dark Side (of course!). Not a better team name has been thought of in the history of softball, in my humble opinion. In honor of my team, I grew a mustache and goatee, to become Bizzarro evil Darbo for the duration of the time that the team is together.

But to the big news: Our jersies arrived today!! They look very snappy and ominous; black, with white lettering. I shall try to get a picture of it up tonight, if I get the time. But in any case, now that the team is fully outfitted, 'there will be no one to stop us this time!'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home