Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Doh! I knew I forgot to do something....

SO SORRY!!

I have been terribly lax in updating the blog, and I hope it is not a trend that will continue. There has been SO much that has happened since my last entry, I can't possibly fit it all into one post. So I will create a list of major events, and write about them if time permits.

DARBOS LIST OF MAJOR THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED LATELY

  1. Went to a Mariner's game with my dad and my son. The Mariners actually won, but in 12 innings, and we left at the end of the 11th.
  2. Summer bowling resumed between myself and my former boss, Scott. I took the first meeting, winning 2 of 3 games and breaking 200 on the last one.
  3. The Dark Side, my vaunted softball team, came in second place out of four teams in the Softball Summer Slam, with a record of 2-1.
  4. My friends, Nick and Emily, were admitted to the hospital at a mere 7 months of pregnancy due to questionable test results during one of their numerous doctor visits.
  5. Wife went camping with my son for two days, allowing me to revert to my bachelor self. Basically, all I did was go see Revenge of the Sith for the fifth time (but at the Cinerama for the first) one evening, and go out to happy hour with some coworkers for the other. I am apparently a poor bachelor.
  6. Left work early on Friday (well, that was major for me anyway).
  7. My Friends, Nick and Emily, gave birth to a nearly 2 lb son named Kaden. Everyone is currently doing just fine. Kaden will have to be in the hospital most likely until September, when he was due to be born.
  8. Played in a Texas Holdem tournament with an old college friend. It lasted from 6pm till after 2am. I got third place and won $32.
  9. Eagerly traveled to CompUSA to pick up the Halo 2 expansion multiplayer map pack today. They didn't have it, despite the fact that today was the reported release date. I proceded to travel to FIVE more stores with no luck. Apparently, the release date no longer means that you can purchase the game. Bungie now in my book officially SUCKS. Not only are there nearly a year of delays in the releasing of Halo 2, they expect us to purchase extra maps that should be included with the original game. Then, on top of it all, they advertise a release date for these maps, and don't deliver. I despise them and yet cannot stop purchasing their product.
That was a brief recap of all major things that have happened since my last blog update. If nothing else interesting happens in the next few days, I can expound on some of these things, if anyone is interested....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home