Monday, April 18, 2005

Technology gone bad

I believe I am now unofficially a blog addict. Emily (see her blog site in links) has introduced me to a whole new side to blogging, which I have concluded is the seedy underbelly of the hobby. This sneaky tool, which can be accessed by clicking on the little stack of books under my counter, actually tells (anyone interested in this info) how many people have checked the site per day, what time they checked, and how they got to the site, if there was link clickage involved. This has now eaten into my already addicted brain, and I must check my "site meter" at least three times a day. What makes it even worse is that over the last couple of days, virtually nobody has visited the site, so I find myself staring at the same pathetic numbers everytime I log on. Its like middle school all over again....I'm a loser, but won't you please like me?

On the up side, apparently my site is already on the Yahoo search engine and the Yahoo UK search engine, which thrilled me to no end. Now I might have to keep my blog title the way it is, so people searching for "Dingo Ate Baby" can find my site. Because, well, who doesn't periodically search for "Dingo Ate Baby"?

To keep my fragile audience interested in visiting this site, now that you know that you are probably the only one reading this, I will now post a picture, since I have noticed that my site has been quite wordy for a while. So now after I do this, you are required to visit regularly. Except for this coming Wed through Monday, when I will be in Indianapolis geeking it up something fierce. But after that....NO EXCUSE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home